Monday, August 27, 2012

Bubble Color Time



Yesterday, I went to SM to buy a hair dye. I decided to try a new product - Richenna Bubble Color (P350 at Watsons or SM Department Store) which is a Korean brand. To be honest, I was attracted with its cute packaging. I felt that after using it with my hair, I would look like the anime on its cover. But of course I didn't expect my hair to go blonde like sailor moon since I didn't use any bleaching element. 




Upon opening the box, I found these things inside (see picture below). The instructional brochure included was colorful and poster-size. It is very easy to follow because it is translated in English with its respectable grammar. The gloves were made of rubber so there is no way your hand will get dyed and plastic cape is also included to protect your clothing. 







The color and developer are 50g each. My hair is below shoulder length and the amount was just enough for me.




You will need to prepare the mixture before using. Mix it in the foam dispenser.


Shake it well but not to hard for it will cause the mixture to bubble inside the bottle, and it may not dispense as foam.


Wear the gloves and cape provided.


Just a tip: To prevent skin staining, apply petroleum jelly or cold cream to your ears and all around the hairline.


Make a hole at the back of the package according to the broken line and place the mixing bottle there. Put it on a flat area, press the foamer pump and dispense foam onto the gloved hand. Do not apply foam to hair directly from the mixing bottle. Foam may splatter or get into your eyes.

Apply generous amounts of foam to dry hair and massage it to lather. After hair is completely covered with foam, leave it at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. But in my case, I left the solution on my hair for 20 minutes.


Rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water and apply shampoo and the conditioner (Henna Therapy) provided.

The great thing about the Richenna bubble color is that it has no Ammonia so it is milder to use than the other hair dyes. It is indicated that the formulation includes Lavender and Sage extracts which minimizes hair damage and helps leave your hair silky and shiny.

The application was very simple, easy and even. Even the difficult to reach areas of my hair were colored evenly. I wished though that the smell was nice because it was bad as hair dyes normally come.

Will I use it again? Well, I am a fan of bubble color because it gives me less hassle and most hair dyes dries out my hair. And if Tony Moly Very Trendy Color Cream will not be available again, I'd stick to this.


No comments:

Post a Comment